Ribbon, WW1 Territorial Force War Medal
The medal was established in April 1920 for award to members of the Territorial Force and Territorial Force Nursing Service who volunteered for service overseas on or before 30 September 1914 and served overseas. They had to
- have been serving with the Force on 4 August 1914; or
- have completed four years service with the Force before 4 August 1914 and rejoined on or before 30 September 1914.
In addition, provided they:
- undertook, either verbally or by written agreement on or before 30 September 1914 to serve outside the United Kingdom, such agreement being operative after 4 August 1914, and
- have served outside the United Kingdom between 5 August 1914 and 11 November 1918 (both dates inclusive; the last date was in 1918 though the years on the reverse said 1914-19) and
- did not qualify for the 1914 Star or 1914-15 Star.
Full size ribbon 32mm width
Miniature size ribbon 16mm width