Ribbon, Alberta Emergency Service Medal (AESM)
The Alberta Emergency Services Medal (AESM) is a polished nickel disk with a clasp mounted on top. The inverse side of the medal has an Alberta Wild Rose circumscribed with the words 'In Service Of Albertans'. On the obverse side of the medal is the Alberta Shield circumscribed with the words 'Emergency Services Alberta'. The medal is blue ribbon with three thin white stripes. The blue colour represents the Province of Alberta and the white for good service, loyalty and conduct.
QUALIFYING SERVICE – EMERGENCY SERVICES
- Firefighters (structural and wildland);
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS) personnel, including paramedics and emergency medical responders (EMR) as defined by the Health Professions Act, employed in public service;
- Dispatchers employed in the public sector supporting emergency responders;
- Any Police Officer as defined by the Police Act of Alberta;
- Search and Rescue personnel;
- Personnel from a municipal emergency management agency appointed by municipalities under the Emergency Management Act;
- Personnel from the Alberta Ministry of Environment and Parks, the Alberta Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, and the Alberta Fish and Wildlife Enforcement Branch (Fire Protection, Alberta Parks Conservation Officers, Fish and Wildlife Officers, and emergency responders to environmental emergencies);
- Personnel from the Office of the Fire Commissioner and the Alberta Emergency Management Agency;
- Correctional Officers as defined by the Alberta Corrections Act or theCorrections and Conditional Release Act;
- Any Peace Officer as defined by the Peace Officer Act of Alberta;
- Any officer (Police, Auxiliary or Special Constable) as defined by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act and whose Alberta service time equals twelve, twenty-two, thirty-two or forty years collectively.
Full Ribbon Width 32mm
Miniature Ribbon Width 16mm